Now that soup season is well and truly in full swing, I thought I would share with you how I make my go-to soup – my “all-the-greens” soup! The ingredients and method are also listed below!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 large or 3 small courgettes
- 1 packet of asparagus
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 packet of green beans
- Handful of spinach
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- Olive oil
How It’s Done:
- Add a little olive oil (or whatever oil you use) to a large pot
- Add the onion and garlic and allow to cook for a minute or two
- Add all the roughly chopped vegetables along with the stock
- Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes, just until the veg have become tender and blendable!
- Once the soup is cooked, then add the spinach and stir it through
- Allow the soup to cool fully before using either a blender or a hand blender to blitz it all. If it is too thick, just add some more water or stock.