For today’s video I’m going to show you how I make my favourite date and nut snack bars. I often buy the Nakd brand of bars but I do love to make
them myself too, that way I can change up the ingredients to whatever I fancy! These are a great little treat or pick-me-up when hunger strikes!
Below are the ingredients and method, but watch the video for the full explanation and some hints and tips!
What You’ll Need:
- Dates (I use the 250g bag from Aldi)
- Cashews (I use the 150g bag from Aldi)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- A food processor!
How It’s Done:
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 10 minutes to soften them
- Blitz the cashews in a food processor for a few seconds to start to break them up
- Then add the drained dates and cocoa powder and blitz it up until it all combines
- The mixture will start to clump together into a big ball. Remove it from the processor and using some cling film above and below it, use a rolling pin to roll the mixture out until it is flat, about 2cm in height
- Place the slab into the fridge to set for a few hours before cutting it up into bars or squares
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week