Whether you prefer them beaten and bruised or practically green, there are many reasons for going bananas for this beautiful fruit! They are loaded with fibre (for good digestion) and vitamins and minerals, especially potassium (for a healthy heart and blood). They also contain something called tryptophan which helps our bodies make happy hormones!
- On their own as a snack. I mean, they come in their own little handy packaging!
- Chopped up and thrown on cereal, yoghurt, crackers
- Smothered in peanut or almond butter!
- Freeze chopped up bananas and add them to smoothies to make them thicker
- Mashed up, bananas can be used instead of eggs in baking cakes and breads
Let me know how you like your bananas!