For this week’s video I’m making almond butter – the glue that holds my body together! Watch and find out how and why I decided to make my own almond butter!
Below are the ingredients and method, but watch the video for the full explanation and some hints and tips!
What You’ll Need:
- Almonds (Yes that’s all! I use 2 bags of 185g almonds. You can use a smaller or larger amount if you wish)
How It’s Done:
- Spread the almonds out on a baking tray and place them in the oven for about 8 minutes at 180° until they start to turn browner
- Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool fully
- Place the cooled almonds into a food processor and process until a smooth butter forms. This can take anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes. You may occasionally have to stop the processor and scrape down the sides if the almonds get stuck
- Store the almond butter in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to a few weeks