Because your parents told you they were good for your eyes, right?! Well, your parents weren’t wrong! Among many other things, carrots contain something called beta-carotene which our bodies convert into Vitamin A, that little old vitamin that keeps our eyesight healthy, and also helps give us healthy skin and a strong immune system.
- Carrots are great eaten raw, especially when combined with something like hummus, or grate them into salads
- There’s the simple and traditional boiled, mashed carrots and parsnips!
- Carrots are lovely roasted in a little oil and seasoning
- Chop them up and add them to bolognese, soups, stews, burritos…
- They can even be added to smoothies
Let me know how you like your carrots!